Dear Friends of Halifax Common,
Please join FHC for our 2022 AGM.
The meeting’s programme will focus on the draft Halifax Common Master Plan. That’s because In February HRM Mayor & Council asked HRM staff to undertake more public consultation on the draft Plan, but apart from an on-line survey HRM staff has been silent. See details here: https://www.shapeyourcityhalifax.ca/halifax-common-master-plan
After a quick update on FHC work there will be five short presentations by FHC Directors about the draft Plan. The goal is to help you better understand the draft so you can complete the survey and or send comments to HRM Staff and Council. We also want to hear from you so there will be a Q&A.
Date: Tuesday November 29th, 2022
Time: 6:30 – 8:45
Place: Halifax Central Library, Room 301, Spring Garden Road
Presentations: Halifax Common Master Plan: a 5 part guided tour
Discussion: Have Your Say
Presentation Topics: Planning for the Common
- Protecting the Common as a Whole – Judith Fingard
- Reclaim, Expand & Balance Use of Public Green Space – David Garrett
- Clarifying the Public Role in Shaping the Common – Lawrence McEachern
- Return Public Use to the Wanderers Grounds – Peggy Cameron & Peggy Smith
- A Common Vision, Purpose, & Policy – David Garrett
Many citizens feel helpless these days. Being active and engaged is a good countermeasure. Please plan to attend, hear ideas, join the discussions and have your say.
Very best wishes,
On behalf of
Friends of Halifax Common